This intention of this guide is to provide step-by-step instructions on how to import e-mail from your GoDaddy e-mail account to your Gmail account. Forwarding GoDaddy Email to Gmail can be easy with the right guidance! We’ll also set it up so you can send e-mail from using your GoDaddy e-mail address, and also so that e-mails will automatically reply from the same e-mail address the e-mail was sent to (so that you don’t reply to GoDaddy related e-mails from your personal or Gmail account name). It’s incredibly useful for a variety of reasons
1. Log into Gmail (mail.google.com)
2. Click the Gear Icon (“Gear Menu”) in the top right corner of the window
3. Select “Mail Settings”
4. Under “Settings,” choose the “Accounts and Import” tab
5. Scroll down to the “Check Mail Using POP3” section and click “Add POP3 email account”
6. A small applet window will pop up. Under “Email Address,” enter “firstname.lastname@example.org”
7. a) Under “Username,” enter “email@example.com.”
b) Under “Password,” enter the password you use to login to your GoDaddy e-mail on the GoDaddy WebMail application on GoDaddy.com
c) Leave the “POP Server” and “port” fields untouched.
d) Check only the “Label Incoming Messages” checkbox if you want to and then click “Add Account >>”
8. Your GoDaddy e-mail account has been added to Gmail. Check the “Yes, I want to be able to send mail as…” radio button and then click “Next Step>>”
9. Under “Name,” fill in your real name or whatever name you want people to see when you e-mail them from your GoDaddy e-mail address. Then click “Next Step>>”
10. Select “Send Through Gmail” and then click “Next Step>>”
11. Click “Send Verification.” Now open a new window and login to your GoDaddy e-mail account on GoDaddy.com through the GoDaddy Webmail application. You should have a new e-mail from “Gmail Team.” The third block of text in the e-mail should be a long, clickable link. Click the link and you’re done! Now you can send e-mail from your GoDaddy e-mail address and all mail sent to that address will be imported into your Gmail account!
Optional Additional Steps–Auto Reply Using the E-mail address the message was sent to (i.e. you will automatically reply to e-mails that were sent from your GoDaddy e-mail with your GoDaddy e-mail address.)
12. Go back to Gmail and log in if you haven’t already done so. Click the “Gear Icon” (Gear Menu) in the top right corner of the window and select “Mail Settings”
13. Scroll down to the section entitled “Send Mail As.” Under “When Replying To a Message,” check “Reply from the same address the message was sent to.” Your changes (if any) will autosave and…you’re finished! Your life is now much easier.
More Optional BUT VERY VERY USEFUL Additional Steps–Control Import Frequency by Manually Importing with the Gmail “Refresh” button via Google Labs. When you import GoDaddy e-mail (or any POP3 based e-mail), Gmail will only import mail from that account about once every hour. If you want to be able to refresh your mail list and manually import mail from GoDaddy in one easy click whenever you want, we’ll have to access Google Labs.
1. Log into Gmail if you haven’t already done so. Click the “Gear Icon” (Gear Menu) in the top right corner of the window and select “Labs”
2. In the “Search For Lab” field, enter “Refresh POP accounts.” Probably before you finish typing, an entry will appear beneath the “Available Labs” section called “Refresh POP accounts.”
3. Check the “Enable” radio button to the right of the entry and then click the “Save Changes” button below the “Search for Lab” field or below the “Refresh POP acccouts” entry. You’re done!